Thursday, June 14, 2012

Good afternoon all!

If you would indulge me for a moment, this 35 year old is going to go all fangirly....

SQUEEEE!!!!!! I just registered to meet Chris Freakin' Colfer! He is doing book signings for his book, Land of Stories, and I got a place in line! It is the last date before he heads back to Glee as Kurt. :) And as I said last time, Kurt is my absolute FAVORITE character. Sadly I have till July 29th to wait. And I will report about the entire thing right here!!!

Thanks for the indulgence. Now back to the blog.

I am going to talk about 2 things today. The first is why I love Glee so much. The second is several Fanfiction recommendations (herin called ficrecs). I think I may actually do this every post. I will talk about something Glee related (like my Sims 3 project), then share some stories that I really enjoyed. Remember this blog is still a baby, so if there is something you would like to see (all 4 of you lol), let me know and I will try to cover it.

I spent a bit of time thinking about why I actually love Glee. Most people who don't watch it think its a show about a choir, with lots of drama. As any Gleek knows, it goes WAY deeper than that. Yes, I love that it is a musical, and yes, I do love the music that it has introduced me to. However it is the characters that made me fall in love.

When I was younger, I was in the Musical/Choir clique. We weren't the bottom feeders that Glee portrays New Directions as being, but we definitely weren't on top either. Most of my life I was an outcast. When I found theater, I found a family that loved the same thing that I did, popularity be damned. Almost 20 years later, I still look at that time as one of the best in my life.

Then I see they are doing a TV show about just that thing! Each character had their issues and they were all very different. Yet they became so close because of the acceptance and love in New Directions.

This leaves me with a dilemma, though. Even though I love the fact that these people found each other in New Directions, I want to follow them beyond McKinley. I feel the show has become WAY more than the ND, and has become the characters. Will Kurt get to New York? Will Puck find his direction? What happens to Mercedes in LA? How will Sue's baby be? Will Rachel find happiness alone without Finn? (I hope so, I like Independent Rachel waaay better).  Anyhow I would love to hear your thoughts. Why do you love Glee so much? Please comment below this post.

This post is getting to be a bit long so I am going to put my ficrecs in a separate post. As usual thanks for reading, and please spread the word. I would love to have lots of people here for discussion.




No comments:

Post a Comment